280g bread flour (high protein)
120g plain flour
1 tsp salt (i use less than this)
1 1/2 tsps milk powder (i use fresh milk)
4 tsps instant yeast
190ml cold water
1 egg (i use grade A)
200g pastry margarine
1. mix (A) until mix. add (B) and knead to form dough. add water a little bit if dough were not form.
2. add (C) and keep on knead until the dough smooth. once smooth, take out and roll into rectangular shape. wrap with clear plastic and keep in freezer for 1 hour.
3. wrap (D) in a clear plastic and roll into rectangular shape (more or less half size from the dough). take out the dough from freezer and roll into 10mm thick. then put (D) onto the dough and fold it.
4. roll the dough about 10mm thick. then fold into 3 section (overlapping) and roll into 10mm again. repeat this step again and keep in the fridge from about 20mins. *make sure to wrap the dough with clear plastic.
5. repeat step 4 again and keep the dough in the fridge for about 30mins.
6. divide the dough into 2 portion and roll it about 4mm thick.
7. spread with some custard or jam or whatever u like to spread with (i use blueberry fillings) and sprinkle with some raisins.
8. roll up the dough legthwise (like Swiss roll) and cut into 12 portions (i cut into various sizes :P)
9. put onto baking tray. light press to flat the danish pastries and then put half cherry on top of it. prove for about 45mins and the brush with egg wash
10. bake about 15mins at 190ºC